Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm a teen in an interracial relationship-will it last? & Other q's also..?

Well for starters I'm mostly Dominican aside from my mom and dad's and Puerto Rican and Native american roots.Both my parents are much lighter in skin color than I am (meaning no one would be able to tell what race they are just by looking at them)as well as the rest of my family.And to everyone outside of my family,I'm black-And it doesn't help that I don't know much Spanish,yet I have an accent.



My mom says that I'm %26quot;built like a latina%26quot;-never really knew what that meant but she also mentioned that I have my fathers [semi-course] hair and he's pale white but i have his facial features.She also noted that his mother was dark skinned with fair hair,and my mom has light caramel skin and fair hair...now is it me or did I get the %26quot;bad%26quot; end of the Gene pool?



-I mean I'm literally the %26quot;black sheep%26quot; in my family!



My boyfriend of two and a half years also thought I was black.He's Puerto Rican-I didn't mind it because i was used to it.But When I told him,he was skeptical.Months after we started going out he met my mom and dad and said he felt stupid that he didn't believe me.His family hasn't yet met mine but his mom also believes I'm black and lying about it.I feel like I have so much to prove everyone and it sucks because I feel like I can't be proud of my race because people think I'm faking it.It feels like i'm the only person going through this!



Although my boyfriends family is cool with me either way I feel like all they see me as is a black female.Theres absoloutely nothing wrong with being black but I'm not



-How can I change peoples out look?





Am I disowning my race by just agreeing with others that Im black because others think i am and not telling them?-I always have to explain my background =[I'm a teen in an interracial relationship-will it last? %26amp; Other q's also..?you both are hispanic so what r u talking aboutI'm a teen in an interracial relationship-will it last? %26amp; Other q's also..?well i agree u both hispanic, first of all all hispanics got black,, just some have more higher percentage on it for example u dominicans and brazilians have a high percentage of it and ex mexicans and comlubians have low percentage so its still there... so as much as ur relationship i doubt it will last u still a teen so dont worry about it!!!!