Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How much should I charge as a Nanny?

I have 3 interviews this weekend for nanny positions for the summer/holidays! All three are different situations, I don't really know what to charge. I live in Cincinnati, OH.

1: 20 minutes from home, live out, one baby boy 9 months M-F 9-5:30, light housework (mainly just cleaning up after ourselves)

2: 35 minutes from home, live out, MWF 8:30-5:30, 2twin boys, 5.5month baby girl. Also housework: Nannies requirements: M:change sheets, dust childrens rooms/play rooms, diaper dispenser, unload dishwasher. W: Kids Laundry, dishwasher F: Diaper dispenser, wipe toys.



3: 10 minutes from home, live out, MWF 12-8 and some weekend shifts. All girls : 14, 10, 6, 4 months. 14 year old will be able to help me. We will have passes for Kings Island when mom has a day off I will take the older two girls with friends. Community pool. Light/if any housework.

I have been babysitting for 6 years/ nanny for 2 summers. I am 20 years old. CPR certified. College student: social work major.How much should I charge as a Nanny?A lot will depend on the salaries of the parents. They are going to want someone they can afford and not break the bank. I would see what they are suggesting as a salary. Then you can decide whether it's close enough to what you are willing to make in a summer job.



My daughter was a nanny for an infant and 6 year old, CPR certified, and made about $15 an hour. They paid for her gas carrying the kids to appointments and paid for actual time worked not a flat rate. Some days she stayed longer than others. Both parents made 6 figure salaries......you don't see too many families like that though!



Since you have three interviews, I would let them set a rate they want to pay. Then you pick the one you think is the best deal for you......and the situation you would enjoy the most. Since it's a summer job, there will be plenty of high school students who will be looking for jobs too. Not sure how this will affect the number of applicants each of the households are getting.How much should I charge as a Nanny?i would charge at least $10 an hour. The first one looks like the best. Definitely charge the second one a lot more ($13) , they are requiring a lot from you.How much should I charge as a Nanny?$90 a week