Wednesday, November 24, 2010

UV light exposure = skin rash?

I live in a northern state, so my only exposure to sunlight is in the summertime. My fam has a swimming pool so my siblings and I become very tan by the end of the summer, and I've never had a problem w/ exposure to sunlight before (wear sunscreen etc.)

Now it's March, so it's still cool here. Our school dance is coming up so my sis and I decided to go tanning a little since we're so fair-skinned.

The first 2 days in the low-level tanning beds were OK, but as soon as I moved up to the medium bed, I noticed immediate changes... I developed an itchy rash on my stomach, back of my legs, and back. I put on aloe/ petroleum jelly, but they don't seem to help.

I decided to take a break for a few days but the rash on my back doesn't seem to be going away.

I want to go back and to the gentle level one tanning, but I'm scared!

*The rash isn't visible unless I scratch - but it ITCHES!!!

*It burns and itches at the same time

*If I scratch at all, the spot becomes red (a rash appears)

*There are no bumps on my skin, but it gets all red and blotchy

*When I scratch it feels better for a second, but then the itch comes back worse than before! Aaahhh!!!

*It feels like there are bugs biting me in the back - it hurts so bad!



Does anyone know what this is or how to treat it?UV light exposure = skin rash?I think you should wait untill it goes away or see your doctor although I don't think its anything to worry about it should clear up soon.

Sometimes I get little rashes off the sunbeds but its only sort of a heat rash.

Think the best thing to do is stay off a little longer and if it don't clear see the doctor n if it does go back on but stay on the lower setting.