Friday, June 3, 2011

DIET - Not a good eater at all. Help would be much appriciated?

I am 21 and a little overweight. I don't eat nor like fruit, vegetables or any meat apart from chicken. I do light exercise occasionally every few days walking my dog. I enjoy my food very much and yesterday i tried to eat very little. I ate a bowl of cereal, 2 riveta and half a slice of toast with ham. This was only an experiment to see how little food I could eat in one day, and would be impossible to do this on a regular basis. I found myself craving to snack. I don't usually do much exercise in the evening so i would like to stop eating after 7 o'clock, but this may not be possible. I am willing to try my best as i have gained a full stone since last year. I want to cut dairy products completely out of my diet, although i have decided that i will still take milk in my tea as i drink quite a lot of it. I also drink a large amount of alcohol at the weekends, including wine, vodka and beers. Would you advise me to stop this, and do you think this is affecting weight gain? I love to swim, but my local pool is very expensive as it is a private pool, and I cannot afford to spend such money a few days a week.. I would really love to hear your suggestions on what i should do and how i should change my diet, and maybe suggest some foods that are low in fat that i could replace the fatty foods i eat with. Also i would like to add if you think i should cut the alcohol down then what drink is low in calories that you would advise me to drink instead. I thank all who reply deeply and really appriciate you taking the time to read this. xxDIET - Not a good eater at all. Help would be much appriciated?Alcohol makes you fat. It's just a lot of empty calories. Have you ever heard of a beer belly?



It's better for you to eat smaller meals more often. You can eat more earlier in the day so your body has time to burn off what you're eating.



You need to eat fruit and vegetables. There has to be something that you like.



You can walk/run with your dog for exercise. Its free and good for the both of youDIET - Not a good eater at all. Help would be much appriciated?What you ate the other day is not enough, you can not starve yourself because once you finish dieting you will gain it back. You need to change your eating habits and your lifestyle.

Cutting out dairy sounds like a good idea, use soya or rice milk for your tea. Substitute white sugar with brown or honey etc. You need to eat 5 small meals a day so your body , once your sugar levels even out you will stop craving snacks but give yourself about a week before that happens.

If you don't like vegetables you don't have to eat them raw or plainly bolied, start experimenting with food. Thai green vegetable curry (you can add chicken or prawns) is very tasty and healthy, easy to make it at home. I normally cook a big pot of it and it lasts me for 2-3days. Try having soups, they can be very filling and low calories too.

When you walk your dog try running, or even fast walking. Riding a bike burns huge amounts of calories.

As for alcohol stick to vodka, it's still caloric but not as bad as beer or wine.DIET - Not a good eater at all. Help would be much appriciated?http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind





http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind





I'm sorry to be stalking you Megan but I earnestly require your advice and assistance since you have experience marking Language and Literature GCSE scripts.Please reply to the links!