Friday, June 3, 2011

Tampon question? insertion probs =/?

Okay, so I know this sounds lame, but I have problems putting in tampons. I've had my period for 5 years but I always wear pads. I don't do dance or gymnastics and I rarely swim-- its freezing for 10 months of the year where I live and I don't have a pool and usually end up going to the beach only once or twice a summer. So I usually don't have to deal with my period.



I've only worn a tampon once, last year, and I had problems then too, but I had a very light flow and was only in the pool for an hour or so so it didn't much matter.



Tomorrow I'm going to the beach for about six hours %26amp; I have my period, its a heavy flow. After a few tries I got it in just now, and it was all the way in, even that little piece of extra cloth, but after 30 minutes the string was wet (I think it got up there though... not to be gross) and I had the smallest dab of blood on my bathing suit bottom.



I don't know how long I'll actually be in the water tomorrow and my bathing suit bottom is red so even if it leaks a little it won't matter much, right? I'm bringing a change of clothes. Is it possible the string just got up there then came down a bit?



Also how often do you change your tampon after it got wet? Every 3 hours should be good right?



:)thanks so much!Tampon question? insertion probs =/?Every three hours should be fine. If your flow is heavy, make sure you are using super absorbency tampons. If you are having trouble inserting it, make sure you relax...if your abdominal and vaginal muscles are tense, it will be much more difficult to get it all the way in. If you are still concerned about a few spots in your bathing suit bottom, you could consider also putting a panty liner in (not a full on pad; it should not show through the swimsuit). If the though of this bothers you, I'm sure the tampon itself will be fine. Just make sure to bring extras.



Also, after you insert the tampon, be sure to wipe away any residual blood that might already be in the vulva area, so that it does not get into your swimsuit.Tampon question? insertion probs =/?Just to be safe, I would recommend getting ultra heavy flow tampons, and changing it every 2-4 hours.Tampon question? insertion probs =/?Don't put the string all the way in, you need to use that to pull it out. Depends on how heavy you are bleeding to change it, maybe every 1-2 if its a heavy bleed

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azhealt



hope those sites help
  • what do you think of this
  • Camera dilemma
  •