Friday, June 3, 2011

Noise Song For Tuesday #119?

More rambling.



To anyone.

Now, I assume, I am on a boat. While on this boat I attain a feeling of hopelessness. I just want to assume ambiguity. No topical drivel. No specifics. No topics. Just %26quot;listening%26quot;. I am in the future, sailing past all those who died and die. I am inside a radio, blaring out for you to hear or shut off. I do not care which as long as it is heard at some point for some time. The sun does not beat down, it just stays suspended by its string. I am still a radio. Change the station. I am a television. Change the channel, go ahead. But, every channel will be the same thing: a surreal bombardment of pretention. I am in the icy water, I feel no cold or bitterness. I feel at ease, to be honest. I am swept away by the waves upon a... I am a clock. Or am I? I am not sure. I cannot make important decisions. I am young and I do not know anything. Now, after a vast amount of time in the pool, I need a scarf. Maybe more than one. Sleep may approach. I don't care, I am not excited for anything. The monotony is now beginning to weigh down on me, so I light a candle and hold it up. So what? No buzzing. No fuzz. No harsh crashes. No sudden thrills. I have a uniform now. I do not know why. Apparently I do not know anything. We are in a field, just in the grass. The cameras are rolling, filming this group of people. They act as though they are concerned, but they aren't. It was in the notes, notes, notes, notes. The script. They can actually show no emotion of their own, just other's. Is it possessive? Direction of where to go, what to do, how to do it and why. Why? That is a question we all have been asked before. Is it brilliant? I couldn't care less whether it is or not. I am tired of judging brilliance and merit and such. The rewards. We do not have goals. Charisma could be one. Apathy. We could just relax on the balcony and look at the trees. We could take part in meaningless interviews, day after day. Just sit in a chair while someone asks you pontless questions. They all want money. Need it. We all do. I don't deserve any. I do not deserve any praise or recognition. I don't deserve anything. You all do, but I do not. Take what you want. How are you, the interviewer wants to know. Are you well? What do you think? I thought you were older, so now my thoughts of you will change. I don't deserve anything. I may....



http://www.last.fm/music/Religious+Knive



So...?



*excuse any mispellings, errors, this, that, these, those, whatever.Noise Song For Tuesday #119?we were talking about how i didnt know any modern free jazz musicians yesterday, well on jeff mangum's radio show he mentioned this bassist, peter kowald, and said he saw him with the peter bauer quartet and it was the best live show he ever attended, then he played a recording -amazing-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aluSEsE76

that wasnt it, but that's the first youtube video that came up for peter kowald

jeff mangum gives me new reasons to love him everyday



anyway i've been listening to your link while i was writing that, and i feel like this recording is a fairly good representation of everything that is pure and good in the world. kind of minimalist, but not to an extreme. minimalist music might be the most pretentious type. i cant believe some of the things that are passed off as art or music. this is great though, no, it's perfect actually. If they did any more it would be forced and if they did any less, it would be boring, drones. drowning. feeling. it's so smooth, drawn out electronic lanscape with lazy, light and ugly vocals, the only thing that is alive is the drums and scanting sound effects. but just because something is dead does not mean it's not worth listening to.Noise Song For Tuesday #119?I'm too lazy to read all that.Noise Song For Tuesday #119?yepNoise Song For Tuesday #119?I don't particularly like typing long answers, so I'll keep it short.



I liked it, it was really quite soothing. I like the minimalist kind of approach to music but I don't see myself listening to it very often.



The song was very different...... kind of reminded me of outer space. Overall it was very good and I don't really have any gripes, except for me not digging minimalist music very much.



Thanks for the song... I listen to all the songs you put up, even if I don't give a reaction.Noise Song For Tuesday #119?uneasy, unnerving drones, monotonous and cold. I can't really say that they're doing anything new or exciting with the genre, but it's hard to do anything new with it to be honest...I was kind of dissappointed that it seemed to be nervously building to something that never really came. Then again that might be the point. It just keeps coming in waves, never crashing against anything... no beachheads, no ships.



What they do is pretty good though.



I've listened to a bit of their album, The Door before. Lyrics and vocals on a lot of the stuff there that really don't add much to the music. I;m not sure which way I prefer it.Noise Song For Tuesday #119?The songs you post always make so much more sense if I read through your ramblings while listening. Is that on purpose? Anyway... I'm not wild about this one, but I quite liked it.



:)